Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Birthday! :)

Well, even though I am not excited about getting dangerously close to the age of 30 (eek!)... Birthdays are always fun when you have family and friends in your life that make you feel extra special and loved on your big day! 

On Tuesday, we didn't do anything too out of the ordinary except Dustin met me at Starbucks for a delicious Pumpkin Chai Latte and some time with him! That night we had our first Life Group Bible Study through church that just so happens to be at Jeff and Aleecia's house and of course Aleecia was a sweet friend and made me delicious cupcakes and everyone sang to me. I got to open some nice cards from family and friends and got some generous gifts and gift cards! I also got some pictures with my little family! :) (What a great birthday present having this little cutie to celebrate with this year!!)




Even Maci got a pic with the birthday girl! :)


To actually celebrate my birthday we thought it would be fun to do some sort of wine tasting.... but that is a little complicated with a breastfeeding baby who doesn't drink out of bottle anymore so we decided to buy the stuff to do a Wine Tasting at home! 

Here are all the supplies! We had 3 bottles of wine - a Riesling, a Pinot Noir, and a Merlot Chardonay.


During Ember's afternoon nap, we started with a wine and cheese pairing/tasting! We had 5 cheese choices: sharp Cheddar, Gouda, blue cheese, Swiss, and Brie. We tried different cheeses with little bits of each of the wines and had some oat crackers to use too! It was fun and delicious!




Then, after Ember was asleep for the night we pulled out the chocolate bars for a wine and chocolate tasting/pairing! This was so good! We had 4 different chocolates: white chocolate with coconut (my favorite), milk chocolate with hazelnuts, dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt, and dark chocolate with black currents (Dustin's favorite). 




This was so much fun! Plus we had wine, chocolate, and cheese to enjoy during the rest of my birthday week! I couldn't have thought of something better to do at home since cheese and chocolate are two of my favorite things! Then add in some elegant wine and my dashing husband and my birthday was so enjoyable! 

Thank you to everyone who helped make turning 28 a not so scary thing and making me feel special and loved! I am very blessed by ALL of you!! :) 





2 comments:

  1. What a great idea and fun birthday! That would be so fun to do for a dinner party too some time. Matt does that with his brothers but with different types of beers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Glad it was such a fun time! Cute family pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete