Monday, May 5, 2014

5 Year Anniversary!

I am still in shock that we have already been married 5 years! Here is what we did to celebrate!

I surprised Dustin in the morning with some balloons with a picture from our wedding and each anniversary thus far! (It was fun for me to look back and reminisce to get the pictures)


Dustin brought home some Calla Lilly's for me that are beautiful! And they are supposed to be perennial flowers so we can plant them and they should bloom year after year always reminding us of our 5 year anniversary! 



Then we headed down to Scottsdale for a truly great weekend celebrating our marriage with just the two of us (THANK YOU Grandma & Grandpa Flin for watching our little girl and little puppy!)

The view of our patio at the Scottsdale Villa Mirage


We planned to eat out for dinner once and BBQ once and decided to BBQ Friday night since the weather was supposed to be rainy and cold on Saturday. We made grilled salmon topped with cilantro guacamole and corn on the cob. It was delicious!


That evening we sat in the hot tub a little bit, watched our wedding video with some chocolate and wine, and just had fun remembering all that has happened in the last 5 years!


On Saturday we made a latte for breakfast and then used our leftover salmon in a corn tortilla with eggs and guacamole! So so delicious! If I had a personal cook - I would request this often! Ha ha!


We finally got to see Divergent after reading the whole trilogy!


We sat and read by the pool for about 20 minutes but the sun didn't come out at all so we headed back in and found the cutest little bunnies!



That night we headed out on the town! We wanted to eat at Zinburger but there was a 1.5 hour wait. Then we headed to our second choice (True Foods) and the power was out so they were not taking new customers. It turned out the wait at Zinburger was so long because the power was out in many of the restaurants in the outdoor shopping strip we were in. We decided just to put on name on the long list and hope for the best! It was a good decision because we only had to wait about 20 minutes and the burgers would have been worth the 1.5 hour wait! Very good!


Sunday we had another latte and some chia seed pudding (one of our favorites) and then we got to sit out by the pool for about 2 hours in the sun before picking up Texas Road House and meeting up with Ember and my parents for a delicious meal with them! 

This weekend really was so much fun! I told Dustin that if I could choose again - I would choose HIM 100%. God has been gracious to give us 5 years and I hope and pray for many many more with my "perfect for me" husband! 







3 comments:

  1. What a great weekend!!!! I can't believe it has been 5 years already. Looks like a lot of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun with the lily's. Hope they stay around year around! :)
    Glad you could get away and celebrate! 5 years is hard to believe!!! Your wedding was so much fun! A perfect match you two are! :) God always knows BEST!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend away! Love it! I love the balloon idea. I may steal that one day. Also, what is chia seed pudding? I hear how great chia seeds are for you, but haven't looked into them much.

    ReplyDelete