Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Runaway Bunny

We finished this unit at the beginning of February but I haven't had a chance to post it yet. For the book, Runaway Bunny, I did an activity/craft/etc for every thing the little bunny and his mommy mentioned. It was a fun one and a really sweet book! 

We read the book every day


Watched an animated story telling of the book


"If you become a fish in a trout stream, I will become a fisherman and I will fish for you."

Practiced fishing with our fish from our "Brown Bear" unit


"If you become a rock on the mountain high above me, I will be a mountain climber and climb to where you are."

We climbed a mountain at the mall play place


And we painted and scrubbed rocks with water and soap and watched them change color


"If you become a crocus in a hidden garden, I will be a gardener and find you."

We made hand print crocus flowers out of straws and construction paper



""If you become a bird and fly away from me, I will become the tree that you fly home to."

We painted and assembled a Popsicle stick bird house



"If you become a sailboat and sail away from me, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go."

We made a box into a sailboat to play in


""If you go flying on the flying trapeze, I will be a tight rope walker and walk across the air to you,"

We practiced walking on a tight rope


And watched a video about the circus since there is no real circus in our town


Eventually the little bunny realizes that his mother is not going to give up and he just decides to stay home and have a carrot.

We practiced recognizing numbers and shapes while feeding the bunny puppet.


There were a few more things I wanted to do with this unit but we just didn't get to them all before our week in Phoenix. Oh well, next time :) It was still alot of fun Ember seemed to love it! 











1 comment:

  1. What a cute little book!! I like the way you did the activities from each statement!! Great idea! Love the mountain climbing at the mall!! That sail boat turned out GREAT! Those crocus flowers are adorable with her little hand print!! Looks like Ember enjoyed learning through yet another book with mommy!!

    ReplyDelete